Friday, January 15, 2010

Here i am!

Well friends... i am here! Sitting in my apartment in Sanbon, Korea! Arrived yesterday evening and have spent today trying to be normal! I'm just a little off kilter. But i guess such is expected when you move to another country! ha. fancy that!

A few highlights of my time thus far:
- The teachers who i will be working with are amazing! So helpful and super sweet! They're great! Had lunch with them today, which was a huge blessing.

- Made my first solo trip into the city. Successfully exchanged some money. Bought some shampoo. Actually ended up with three bottles of it. Some communication issues in thinking i was buying both shampoo and conditioner. Nope. Shampoo anyone? ha! Great city... looking forward to exploring more.

- Had one amazing piece of toast today. Inherited a toaster from one of the teachers. And in the kind stash of some food items my school provided i had some bread and peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter. Yup! That's right... awesome. For those who know me, you know i love crunchy peanut butter. On toast. Let's just say the bread her is lovely! Ahh... only thing it was missing was some apple butter. ha! Next shopping is for some real food.

- I removed one nasty pair of purple swaged, tassel clad nastiness of curtains our of my window. That made me happy! : )

ok. off to sleep a bit!
blessings!
more to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love when God sends you something personal to you. Like crunchy peanut butter... ;-)

    ReplyDelete