Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Watch Out for the Truck

It's been a while. I apologize. I committed to keep this guy updated, and well... I'm a slacker! But you still love me! And probably don't even care!

SO....

I got hit by a truck last night. Not literally. HAHA... : ) That would have sucked, no? Morning headlines read, "Ambitious Dreams of a Local Woman, Headed to Korea, end. Culprit? A darn cabbage truck." Oh the irony of it all. Thankfully it was a figurative cabbage truck. (Actually just a truck. Forget the cabbage.)

Anyway, it finally hit me that in less than two months will be leaving for the biggest adventure of my life (thus far!). I got to thinking about all the relationships that will change and all that will happen while i'm gone. Sadness overcame me, and yes i cried a little bit. But, even in the midst of all of that i am still filled super full with excitement! I know awesome things are yet to come, but it's still a little bittersweet.

As far as the process, i'm in the middle of "Hurry and Wait". I'm waiting for word from the Korean Parliament. Once i hear from them, it's party time. The madness starts and things will start moving super fast. I'm bracing myself! I will soon know my departure date and will be booking my flight. AHHHHHH..... super exciting! Pray that i would have peace in the middle of this whole process. It's a little nerve-wrecking at times.

So, when i know more, i'll be sure to update! Until then... i'm waiting. Spending time with people. Going through my crap. Watching out for suspicious cabbage trucks. And trying to figure out how to do life overseas and be present in people's lives here.

More to come soon! Thanks for following!



No comments:

Post a Comment